Deschutes River Rafting Adventures
One or two day trips available
Deschutes River Rafting Adventures
One or two day trips available
Guided Whitewater Rafting Trips
**Covid-19 Update: We are running all of our awesome trips, while following current state mandates on social distancing. We will accommodate 1 household per raft, 4 person minimum per reservation. Luckily, we have 3 sizes of rafts in our fleet. Bring your party of 4, 6, 8 or any number in between. Our guides are ready to sit in the back and guide you down the river. Rafting is fun and SAFE to do this summer!**
Imperial River Company is the premier Deschutes river rafting guide. The Deschutes River carves its way for 250 miles from Little Lava Lake to the Columbia River. The lower 100 miles of the river flows through beautiful desert landscape and is termed the “Lower Deschutes.” Our 25-room lodge and guided whitewater operation are located in the center of this lower 100 miles, in Maupin, Oregon. The Deschutes River is one of the most popular rivers in Oregon, perfect for families, first-timers and experienced whitewater enthusiasts. We are the only outfitter that offers guided rafting, lodging, private river frontage, on-site restaurant & bar, group catering and a sand volleyball court!
When you choose to go whitewater rafting on the Deschutes with Imperial River Company, you choose to go first class. From our private put-in and expansive lunches to our friendly guides and staff photographers, we give you an experience you’ll remember for a lifetime! We provide high quality rafting trips on the Deschutes River with certified guides, all while offering the best facilities and conveniences of any rafting company…period.
When you book a day trip at Imperial River Company, you’ll assemble on our lawn and launch from our private dock. That means you’ll have the river all to yourself. Depending on the length of your trip, you’ll be out on the water for hours, with some great whitewater along the way.
When you return back from a day-long guided rafting trip at Imperial, there is a sand volleyball court to use for your entertainment. Continue your relaxation at our riverside restaurant and bar, located only a few steps from our private take-out, so you can enjoy an appetizer and cocktails after your day on the water.
Call or click to reserve your trip! 541.395.2404
Experience isn’t necessary with our professionally trained staff. Anyone from 6 to 106 can enjoy the excitement and scenery that rafting on the Deschutes River offers. All you need is the desire to have fun and we will provide the rest! We offer a number of river rafting trips on the Deschutes to satisfy any experience level. (4 person minimum per reservation)
- All-Day Guided Rafting Trips (18 Miles!): Want to pack a lot of whitewater into just one day? This exclusive 6-hour rafting trip is for you! Our All-Day trip is different. Of course we hit all the fun rapids including Boxcar, Wapinitia and Oak Springs, but we also hit Wreck Rapids and Lower Trestle Hole…2 of the biggest hitting rapids on the Deschutes. We float through the Narrows, which includes one of the most scenic sections on the entire river. We have our own dock that no one else can use. We have sand volleyball. We have ample parking and hot showers. We have the BEST guides. Lunch is included. We have the amenities you need for an awesome summer experience.
- Half-Day Whitewater Rafting Trips (13 Miles): Perfect for everyone and perfect for any schedule! Our half-day river runs take in the best whitewater stretches on the Deschutes, including Wapinitia, Devil’s Hole, Boxcar, Oak Springs and the Elevators. And there is time to relax, swim and view wildlife. All in a 3.5 hour trip! (Trying to decide between a Half-Day and an All-Day? Do the All-Day! It is THE best trip on the Lower Deschutes and we are the only one to offer it.)
- Quick-Trip (Frenzy 5 Miles): If you are limited on time, consider getting in a quick 5-mile whitewater run. This trip is fun, packed full of adventure and will get you hooked on whitewater rafting!
- Overnight: Try a multi-day rafting trip, a complete adventure with lots of whitewater, food and camping under the desert sky. Our guides are waiting to pamper you! (Our overnight trips include a BONUS complimentary night in our lodge.)
Don’t forget to add a lodge stay to your rafting trip. We are the only outfitter who also offers lodging on the Deschutes River! Our Mid-Week Rafting/Lodging Prices will save you money! Enjoy our mid-week lodging and rafting prices. You can save as much as 25%! That’ll make your summer vacation dollars go farther!
Whitewater Rafting is a fantastic team-building activity and we are the only outfitter on the Deschutes with all the amenities for a Group Whitewater Rafting Trip.
- First, choose from one of our Individual Rafting Trips. Consider your schedule, travel time to Maupin and other goals of your group. Are you relaxing? Are you team-building? Are you rafting in the afternoon after a sit-down morning meeting in our conference room?
- Second, contact us for availability & group pricing. We prefer to work with groups one-on-one so that your group experience is perfect. Think of us as your “rafting concierge.”
- Third, book your trip and work out final group details with us.
- Raft, have fun and create memories!
What you’ll find only at Imperial for your Group Rafting Trip:
- Sand Volleyball Court (play it at lunch!)
- Ample Parking (even for RVs and charter buses)
- Private Dock at the edge of our lush lawn
- Riverview Lodge Rooms, Dining, Bar
- Firepit for end-of-the-day Story Telling
|All Day (Exclusive 18 Miles!) Adventure **min. 4 people**||WEEKDAY||WEEKEND|
|CHILD (6 – 12yrs)||$99||$115|
|LAUNCH TIME: 9:30 am|
|Half Day (13 Miles) Adventure **min. 4 people**||WEEKDAY||WEEKEND|
|CHILD (6 – 12yrs)||$66||$75|
|LAUNCH TIMES: 10:30 am, 1:30pm|
|Quick Trip (5-Mile Frenzy)||WEEKDAY||WEEKEND|
|LAUNCH TIME: 3:30 pm|
|Overnight Rafting Trips||ANY DAY|
|ADULT/CHILD 45-MILE 2-DAY-2-NIGHT VOYAGE||$345*|
|ADULT/CHILD 53-MILE 3-DAY 3 NIGHT VOYAGE||$445*|
*Price includes 1 night stay in a guest room at the lodge prior to your trip. *Friday or Saturday Launch NOT Available July 1st to Labor Day.
Don’t See The Maupin Rafting Trip You Want?
We service the entire lower 98 miles of the Deschutes from Warm Springs to the mouth. We are happy to tailor a trip to meet your individual needs…just call us to see what we can do for you! Corporate trips, family reunions, bachelor parties, any special meals or arrangements…we are here to make you happy!
1 – Wreck Rapids
2 – Trestle Hole Rapids
3 – The Narrows
4 – Upper & Lower Elevator Rapids
5 – Oak Springs Rapids
6 – Surf City Rapids
7 – Boxcar Rapids
8 – Wipinitia Rapids
Will there be enough water to go on a rafting trip this summer?
Yes, rafting trips on the Deschutes River will be great this summer! The Deschutes River is fed by reservoirs and spring water. The flow is very consistent year round. When other rivers in the area are drying up from a drought or low-snow fall, the Deschutes is still flowing strong.
Why choose Imperial River Company for my rafting trip?
We run the best all day rafting trip on the Deschutes River…no doubt about it. No crowds! Private launches on our OWN PROPERTY where a lodge, restaurant and bar are waiting for your relaxation and enjoyment. No parking on the street just to meet in a parking lot and be shuttled to the river. At Imperial, you check in in the heart of our riverfront property and enjoy our spacious lawn until your launch time. Did we mention that we are right on the Deschutes river?
Plus, our very experienced Oregon river guides know how to run the Deschutes River and have a lot of fun, but most importantly are safe while doing it. They choose to live their summer on the river and look forward to spending the day with you. (They also look forward to telling you a few of their stories and bad jokes, too.) But, seriously….they are very well trained and most importantly respect the water. They take simple precautions to make sure you have a terrific day and stay safe doing it.
We’ll always judge your skill level and desired aggressiveness on the river and take the appropriate path on the river to ensure 2 things: success and enjoyment. Every single river trip is different from the last. Our guides make sure the trip you receive is the trip you want.
What should I bring with me to Maupin, Oregon?
What to bring on day rafting trips:
- Swimsuit and/or shorts and t-shirt
- Long sleeve shirt & pants if you burn easily
- Windbreaker or rain gear (if the weather forecast isn’t ideal–most of the time it is perfect!)
- Tennis shoes or river sandals
- Hat for sun protection
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Towel and change of clothes for the trip home
- Extra pair of prescription glasses or contacts (just in case…)
For overnight rafting trips and camping bring the day trip list and:
- Long pants and long sleeve shirts
- Tennis shoes or hiking boots
- Lip balm
- Hand cream
- Insect repellent
- Wash cloth/towel/soap
- Personal hygiene items
- Disposable waterproof camera
- Flashlight or headlamp
What should I bring with me on the river?
There are two general rules of thumb:
- Don’t take anything with you that you wouldn’t take into the shower.
- If you take it with you and it must come back, it should be attached.
You will get soaked, so will your camera, wallet, and everything else. You shouldn’t bring a favorite hat or sunglasses along, unless they have a strap on them. It is a good idea to bring a bottle of water and some sunscreen. Your guide will have a dry bag on your boat. They can stow emergency items like EpiPens and inhalers.
Will I get wet on my rafting trip?
Yes you will. It’s whitewater rafting, not canoeing. You should plan on getting wet, because you will! And you’ll love it. (You’ll thank us later…..)
What do I do with my towel and change of clothes?
Leave them in your vehicle so they are dry when you get back.
Will I fall out of the boat?
Your chances of falling out of the boat unintentionally are very small. Most people who fall out aren’t paying attention, or they think it’s time to go for a swim.
Are there times that we can swim in the river?
There are some beautiful stretches of flat water that are perfect for hopping out of the boat to cool off from the summer sun.
What do we do if it rains?
We go rafting in it. You are going to get wet anyway, so what is the concern?
When is the best time to come rafting?
Anyday! However, most people come out in July and August. So if you want a little more solitude, we recommend June, September and during the week anytime. The weather is always great, and you get the river all to yourself.
Can I bring my dog?
Nope. We don’t think that’s a very good idea. Please leave the pets at home.
Do you provide life jackets?
Of course! We provide Class IV/V Coast Guard approved life jackets that we wear all of the time that we are near the water.
Do you provide drinking water?
We do not provide a water bottle for you on the boat. On our all day trip, we do provide drinking water at Sandy Beach when we are doing our portage to Buck Hollow.
Do you have overnight rafting trips?
We are permitted to run the lower 98 miles of the Deschutes River. This allows us to run 2 and 3 day overnight rafting voyages that are spectacular.
Do we have to paddle back upriver?
Nope, a shuttle bus will bring you back. The only exception is when your paddle captain skillfully guides your boat back through an eddy so that you can hit Boxcar one more time. You’ll love it!
What if the boat sinks?
We run self bailing Maravia inflatable rafts that are totally unsinkable. The boat is made of at least four separate chambers so that if one section has a leak, the others stay fully inflated. You have no worries here at all.
How old do you have to be to go on a rafting trip?
We recommend a child be 6 years old, and weigh at least 50 pounds.
Is my guide qualified?
All of our guides have gone through an extensive training program so that they can give you a great day on the water. They are certified in CPR and First Aid procedures. Most of our guides come back year after year because they love taking people like you out for a day of fun.
Please fill out our liability waiver before your Deschutes River rafting trip. Just click here to go directly to our secure site to electronically take care of the lawyer speak. Then send the link to each person in your party and make sure they fill in the same group name, (ie, Smith Party, Joe’s Trip, Bill Bachelor Party).
Fully licensed and insured, Imperial River Company operates under a Special Use Permit granted by the Bureau of Land Management and State Marine Board. All of our river guides are certified with CPR-First Aid. Imperial River Company is an equal opportunity service provider. We are members of the Oregon Guides & Packers Association, America Outdoors Association, The Dalles Chamber of Commerce, Maupin Area Chamber of Commerce, Madras-Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce, Prineville Chamber of Commerce, Mt. Hood Aread Chamber of Commerce, and Central Oregon Visitors Association.
Deposits are required at the time you make your reservation:
- 1 day trips: 50% per person
- Overnight trips: $100 per person
The balance is due one week prior to the day of the trip. For Group Rates, one person needs to collect for the group and make payment.
Deposits, minus a $25 handling fee, are refundable provided Imperial River Company is notified at least 2 weeks prior to trip departure. If cancellation is given less than 2 weeks prior, we reserve the right to reschedule your trip or retain the deposit.
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian. They must be over 6 years old, and weight at least 50 lbs.
For your pet’s safety and happiness, please make arrangements to leave them at home or with someone that can provide for their welfare. We do not have the facilities to safely accommodate pets while you are on the river. (Nor is it acceptable to leave your pet locked in your lodge room while you are out on the river all day.)
We do not allow alcohol to be consumed while on the water during any of our trips.